Also known as the SIXTH chakra, or AJNA in Sanskrit
Located between the eye brows and at the same level on the back of the head
The third eye chakra is associated with the color indigo
Associated with the eyes, the pituitary gland & lower brain, spirituality, imagination & visualizing, clairvoyance & higher intuition and love for all sentient beings.
third eye CHAKRA IMBALANCES MAY INCLUDE:
- Eye issues
- Disconnection from intuition
- Inability to see the "bigger picture"
- Difficulty generating and/or executing creative ideas
third eye CHAKRA BALANCING AND CHARGING
- Color breathing--imagine filling the whole body with bright, clear, indigo light on each inhale
- Yoga Poses--child's pose and any other poses that press the forehead to the floor or stretch the eyes
- Crystals--crystals that can be helpful for third eye chakra healing include Amethyst, Ammonite, Tanzanite, Moldavite, Apatite, Labradorite, Purple & Blue Fluorite and Opal